i’m sticking with the idea that “humanity, love and a general sense of togetherness” is NOT completely dead.
i get how the idea of making a difference can be so overwhelming when all we see on the news is people being poisoned in Syria, women and girls being stoned for being raped ( sex outside marriage) , young people are shooting at each other and innocents, sadness and destruction seem to prevail in our visual and written news. popular entertainment of today seems to be reality shows were the viewer can watch and then judge who can be the best liar, best cheat, and back stabber. we reward those with the worst human behaviors. tv shows are about brutal serial killers, the life of gangs, vampires, zombies and scary creatures….is there any wonder the kids are scared, bullying each other, acting out and sometimes worse.
…this is what they see…we all see -> everyday.
WE MUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL ….a “good news” channel perhaps or “happiness network” maybe !
WE can make small changes and hope that our kids, our friends and families, our neighbours, our politicians learn from our example.
no idea how to facilitate change??
well here are just a few ideas….i am sure you can come up with a few of your own
but really now….. it cannot get any easier than number 1 or number 11.
1. Wake up. ~Karen Maezen Miller
2. Make a difference in yourself, for the better. Such an inward difference always has rippling outward benefits. ~Hansoul Kim
3. Remember there are three poisons: greed, anger and ignorance. Do not deny their existence but turn them around and you have generosity, compassion and wisdom. ~Clifton Bradley
4. Make it a habit to respect everyone. ~Margarita Medina
5. Consider the people you see each day. Sometimes I get wrapped up in things I am working on— fundraisers etc. But the coworker, family member, pet right next to you are the people you can truly reach and touch. ~Amy E. Moore
6. Operate from a place of love. ~ Erika Gonzalez
7. Be kind to others. In this busy world people become self consumed and forget that kindness goes a long way. ~ Ana Stuckart
8. Acknowledge the light within myself and in others. Not always easy to do but feels so powerful when I am able to do so. ~Maria Thieme
9. Talk to someone that you think might be in distress. You may make the difference of a lifetime. ~Alexander De Raadt St.James
10. Simply show up. Just by put your soul into it. If you show up physically with the soles of your feet, the heart, mind, and soul will have a chance to follow or catch up. You may not want to be there in the beginning but showing up allows a committed chance at making a difference everyday for the people you love, the people you will meet, and the eventual person you will become. Show up. ~Holli Grant
11. Smile. ~ Seret Rafferty
12. Be more involved in the world. You can’t be spectator forever. ~Christina Breeden
13. Be the change you wish to see in the world! ~April Spears paraphrasing Gandhi
14. Be gentle and practice sympathetic joy. ~Susan Cross
15. Start really listening to the people around you. Your family for example. People crave for attention. People feel loved when given attention.. Give love. And listening is an act of love. ~Leoni Erica Tayamen
16. Listen. Give. Do. ~Phyllis Fenander
17. Teach your kids by example; be caring, open minded, have good manners and remember to smile. ~Paivi McKittrick
18. Look into your child’s eyes. Stop what you are doing, sit down, and just look into them. Do that every day and you will change the world. ~Noel Cocca
19. Be a true you…positive energy attracts. ~Jane George
20. Love. ~Stephen Kreins
21. I quote the great Horatio Lee Jenkins: “Don’t worry—everything is going to be awesome!” ~Carl Dangers
22. Find someone that needs a smile, and give them that smile, once a day for the rest of your life and like a ripple in a pond it will be carried onwards. ~SoulLife Searcher
23. Speak without saying a word. A lot can be said without words. ~Ralph Rocha
24. Learn to be aware of all the wonder we have around us, let the past be in the past and not part of the future. Choose life every day, be grateful for whatever you have, and most important share, share, share—spread as much love as you can. ~Lula Insfran
25. Hakuna mattata, one love, pay it forward. ~Kerin Colby
i have too often heard ” nobody likes change”
HELL YES WE DO
….when we make it happen
…don’t just sit there
…. be apart of the change…one small step at a time
list stolen from the tiny buddah